YELLOW CURRY WITH COCONUT QUINOA
Yellow Curry with Coconut Quiona
Curry, curry, on the wall! Who’s the fairest of them all? If the Evil Queen didn’t have an apple, she’d whip up this recipe to hook Snow White. It is sinful, delicious and surprisingly healthy! This is a super easy weeknight recipe! If you have made our Peanut Noodle recipe, you know that we have recently set out on a journey to vanquish our very real fear of making authentic cuisines in our kitchen. We have spent so much time simply being diners and soaking in the amazing flavors of New York’s best chefs. In our mind, a simple curry is something left to the pros. We decided we wanted to grab our new love of cooking by the proverbial ‘mozzarella’ balls and dive into a homemade curry. Well, truth is we didn’t actually dive. We stuck our toe in…this recipe is a first step. We pre-bought the Yellow Curry paste to ensure that we maximized the deliciousness. If you are braver…we strongly recommend making your own curry paste but we are have strong stomachs…not strong minds. We pre-bought and made a phenomenal Yellow Curry with Coconut Quinoa! Feel free to sub for a Curry flavoring of your choice. This recipe is an amazing vehicle for all the vegetables that you can cram into it!
Vegan Yellow Curry Ingredients:
1/2 yellow onion, diced into pieced
1/2 can (15 oz) of Coconut Milk
1/3 cup Yellow Curry Paste
1 carton Mushrooms
1 can Chickpeas
2 cups Spinach
1 cup Crushed Tomatoes
1. Place vegetables in skillet and cook on medium for 2-5 minutes
2. Add Crushed Tomatoes and continue to simmer for 2 minutes
3. Add half a can of Coconut Milk and Yellow Curry paste
4. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes and then add chopped pineapple and the squeeze of a full lime.
5. Serve with coconut rice/quinoa and enjoy!
COCONUT QUINOA INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Quinoa
1 can (15 oz) of Coconut Milk
1/2 cup Water
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1. Place water, coconut milk, quinoa and maple syrup in one pot.
2. Bring to boil and then cover and let simmer until liquid has soaked into the quinoa
3. Serve in a bowl and save some for later!