HOT HONEY CHICKEN WINGS
Oven-Baked Fried Chicken with Hot Honey Sauce
When I was a kid, my family used to drive to Florida at Christmas time. We’d pack up the car and head south...only stopping for bathrooms and food. A few times we stopped in Savannah, Georgia. This was my first introduction to real Southern cooking. Cut to quarantine, being in Florida and having no perception of how to start a Southern kitchen with a severe craving for Fried Chicken. While opening up our pantry, we noticed that we had Almond Flour, Chicken, Honey and Spices. This recipe was born! It packs all the flavor of a typical Southern Fried Chicken with Hot Honey Sauce but has zero guilt.
1 lbs Chicken Breast
1 cup Butter Milk (or Half & Half)
2/3 cup Almond Flour
2 tbsp Paprika
2 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Salt
HOT HONEY SAUCE:
6 tbsp Butter
3 tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut chicken into strips and pour buttermilk over it. Let it marinate for 20 minutes to 4 hours.
3. In a bowl, mix together Almond Flour, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Pepper and Salt.
4. Coat marinated chicken stips in dry ingredients. Be aggressive :)
5. Place chicken strips on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes then flip and cook on other side for 10 minutes.
6. In a separate bowl, combine Butter, Honey, Paprika, Chili Powder and Garlic Powder.
7. Place in microwave and melt until sauce is combined.
8. Pour sauce over cooked chicken strips and serve immediately!