Weeknight Leftover Pasta
It’s been a week! Time has not been on your side and yet you want to do something empowering in the kitchen. You want to release your inner Emeril and yell “BAM!”. You have not gone grocery shopping in quite a while and a last minute plane ticket to Italy is not in the cards. We often feel this way…time seems to get away from you and a simple trip to the grocery store seems too overwhelming. This is when creativity in the kitchen can really strike! This recipe is born out of a few ingredients and a craving for world-class pasta at 2AM. It is simple, easy and transports you right to Italy. Enjoy!
1 Box of Your Favorite Pasta
2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
1 Cup Parmesan (or more)
1 Garlic Head
4 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Ground Pepper
1 tsp Salt
1. In a pot, cook your favorite pasta until desired tenderness. (Save some pasta water)
2. In a skillet, cook Olive Oil, Garlic and Onion on medium-low heat until onions begin to caramelize. Low and slow is the key!
3. Add Cherry Tomatoes and let it simmer down
4. Add a few spoons of Pasta Water along with heaps of Parmesan
5. Add Ground Pepper and stir together. Let simmer on low for 5-8 minutes
6. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Combine and add salt + pepper to taste