THAI PEANUT NOODLES
Thai Inspired Peanut Noodles
Thailand is one of our favorite places. We travelled there on our honeymoon and spent 10 phenomenal days in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Koh Samui. From the moment we landed, we became obsessed with soaking in the culture, food and intricacies of the people. There is such an inherent calm amongst the franticness. From the Elephant Sanctuaries to the Night Markets, we often find ourselves reminiscing about our travels. Thai food in particular has always felt very unapproachable in the kitchen. It seems like something that is best left to those who have mastered the cuisine and our place is happy consumers. During the past few months of quarantine, we pushed ourselves to recreate moments from our travels in the kitchen and that meant getting over our fear of creating inferior Thai food. After some failed attempts, we came up with a simple, easy, Thai inspired dish that hits the spot.
1 Box Pad Thai Noodles (or spaghetti)
4 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Minced Ginger
1/3 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Water
2 tbsp Vinegar
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta until your desired texture. If you don’t have Pad Thai Noodles- Spaghetti is a great substitute for this dish.
2. In a small pan, mix Sesame Oil and Onions. Sauté over low-medium heat until tender.
3. Add Ginger. Stir and cook down for a few minutes.
4. Add Peanut Butter, Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Water and Red Pepper Flakes.
5. Mix together and let simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Add noodles into sauce and mix together. We added a tiny bit of pasta water for a less thick sauce.
7. Serve immediately with crushed cashews and lime on top.