BANANA WALNUT CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffins
We couldn’t control ourselves around our Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf so we did the responsible thing and turned them into muffins! Portion control! Now we feel safe! This recipe makes 10-12 muffins (the amount depends on the ripeness of the bananas). Enjoy! This is one of our favorite breakfast treats!
1 ½ very ripe bananas
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups almond flour (or coconut flour)
1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup (or more) chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat your oven 350 degrees and spray your muffin tin with pam
2. In a medium size bowl, mash-up your bananas
3. Add beaten eggs to bowl with mashed bananas, mix together until smooth consistency
4. Add maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir
5. Melt your coconut oil and let it cool then add it to your wet mixture and stir until fully incorporated
6. In a separate bowl, combine your almond flour, oat flour and baking soda
7. Combine your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients until smooth
8. Add chocolate chips and walnuts (optional)
9. Transfer the entire batter into your muffin tin. Should make 10-12 muffins!
10. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Inside should be moist and soft!
Enjoy and be better than us and don’t eat all 12 in one sitting!